More information about concentrations in the Undergraduate Biology Major. (Not to be confused with the SIPS Plant Sciences Major.)
Interested in Biodiversity and Systematics?
Whether plant diversity, vertebrate anatomy and evolution, insect biology, or paleobiology, we have courses that address your interests and world-class labs for doing research Fulfill the Biodiversity and Systematics Concentration or try something new!
* Course can be used to fulfill Biodiversity and Systematics Concentration
Interested in Plant Diversity and Systematics?
- PLBIO 2300 - Global Plant Biodiversity and Vegetation *
- PLBIO 2301 - Field Lab in Global Plant Biodiversity and Vegetation
- PLBIO 2410 - Introductory Plant Biodiversity and Evolution *
- PLBIO 2440 - Evolutionary Plant Biology
- PLBIO 2450 - Plant Biology *
- PLBIO 2470 - Plants and People *
- PLBIO 2480 - Vascular Plant Systematics *
- PLBIO 3590 - Biology of Grasses
- PLBIO 4480- Plant Evolution and the Fossil Record *
Interested in Animal Diversity and Systematics?
- BIOEE 2640 - Tropical Field Ornithology *
- BIOEE 2740 - The Vertebrates: Comparative Anatomy, Function, and Evolution *
- BIOEE 4500 - Mammalogy, Lectures *
- BIOEE 4700 - Herpetology, Lectures *
- BIOEE 4750 – Ornithology *
- BIOEE 4760 - Biology of Fishes, Lectures *
- ENTOM 2120 - Insect Biology *
- ENTOM 2150 - Spider Biology: Life on a Silken Thread *
- ENTOM 3310 - Insect Diversity and Evolution *
- ENTOM 3330 - Maggots, Grubs, and Cutworms: Larval Insect Biology
Interested in Microbiology and Mycology?
- BIOMI 2900 - General Microbiology Lectures *
- BIOMI 3310 - General Parasitology *
- BIOMI 4140 - Microbial Diversity *
- PLPPM 4490 - Mycology *
- PLPPM 3190 - Mushrooms of Field and Forest *
- BIOEE 4530 - Speciation: Genetics, Ecology, and Behavior *
- BIOEE 4640 - Macroevolution *
- BIOEE 4790 - Paleobiology *
- PLBIO 4400 - Phylogenetic Systematics *
- PLBIO 4470 - Molecular Systematics *
Interested in research?
Consider doing a research project in one of our world-class plant biology labs