Adjunct Associate Professor
Boyce Thompson Institute
The Jander Lab uses genetic and biochemical approaches to study plant-insect interactions and plant amino acid metabolism. We employ the small crucifer Arabidopsis thaliana (Arabidopsis) as a model system for most of our research.
- Rasmann, S., De Vos, M., & Jander, G. (2012). Ecological role of transgenerational resistance against biotic threats. Plant Signaling and Behavior. 7:447-449.
- Moldrup, M. E., Geu-Flores, F., de Vos, M., Olsen, C. E., Sun, J., Jander, G., & Halkier, B. A. (2012). Engineering of benzylglucosinolate in tobacco provides proof-of-concept for dead-end trap crops genetically modified to attract Plutella xylostella (diamondback moth). Plant Biotechnology Journal. 10:435-442.
- Rasmann, S., De Vos, M., Casteel, C. L., Tian, D. L., Halitschke, R., Sun, J. Y., Agrawal, A., Felton, G. W., & Jander, G. (2012). Herbivory in the previous generation primes plants for enhanced insect resistance. Plant Physiology. 158:854-863.
- Silva, A. X., Jander, G., Samaniego, H., Ramsey, J. S., & Figueroa, C. C. (2012). Insecticide resistance mechanisms in the green peach aphid Myzus persicae (Hemiptera: Aphididae) I: a transcriptomic survey. PLoS One. 7:e36810.
- Huang, L. M., Rehak, L., & Jander, G. (2012). meta-Tyrosine in Festuca rubra ssp. commutata (Chewings fescue) is synthesized by hydroxylation of phenylalanine. Phytochemistry. 75:60-66.
- Meihls, L. N., Kaur, H., & Jander, G. (2012). Natural variation in maize defense against insect herbivores. Cold Spring Harbor symposia on quantitative biology. 77:269-283.
- Jander, G. (2012). Timely plant defenses protect against caterpillar herbivory. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. 109:4343-4344.
- Huang, T., Jander, G., & de Vos, M. (2011). Non-protein amino acids in plant defense against insect herbivores: representative cases and opportunities for further functional analysis. Phytochemistry. 72:1531-1537.