June Nasrallah obtained her B.Sc. in Biology at the American University of Beirut, Lebanon and her Ph.D. in Genetics at Cornell University.
Plant reproduction, Self-incompatibility, Receptor-ligand interactions, cell-cell signaling
Plant Reproduction, Receptor-based signaling
Plant Molecular Genetics, Molecular Aspect of Plant Development
Molecular Biology and Biotechnology of Plants
Awards and Honors
- Founding Member (2020) Académie des Sciences du Liban
- Barbara McClintock Professor of Plant Biology (2004) Cornell University
- Martin Gibbs Medal (2003) American Society of Plant Biology
- Elected Member (2003) US National Academy of Sciences
- Tantikanjana, T., & Nasrallah, J. B. (2015). Ligand-Mediated cis-Inhibition of Receptor Signaling in the Self-Incompatibility Response of the Brassicaceae. Plant Physiology. Epub ahead of print:00572.2015.
- Yamamoto, M., Tantikanjana, T., Nishio, T., Nasrallah, M. E., & Nasrallah, J. B. (2014). Site-specific N-glycosylation of the S-Locus Receptor Kinase and its role in the self-incompatibility response of the Brassicaceae. The Plant Cell. 26:4749-62.
- Strickler, S. R., Tantikanjana, T., & Nasrallah, J. B. (2013). Regulation of the S-Locus Receptor Kinase and Self-Incompatibility in Arabidopsis thaliana. G3 (Bethesda). 3:315-322.
- Tantikanjana, T., & Nasrallah, J. B. (2012). Non-cell-autonomous regulation of crucifer self-incompatibility by Auxin Response Factor ARF3. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. 109:19468-19473.
- Rea, A. C., & Nasrallah, J. B. (2010). A transgenic self-incompatible Arabidopsis thaliana model for evolutionary and mechanistic studies of crucifer self-incompatibility. Journal of Experimental Botany. 61:1897-1906.
- Tantikanjana, T., Nasrallah, M. E., & Nasrallah, J. B. (2010). Complex networks of self-incompatibility signaling in the Brassicaceae. Current Opinion in Plant Biology. 13:520-526.
- Tantikanjana, T., Rizvi, N., Nasrallah, M. E., & Nasrallah, J. B. (2009). A Dual Role for the S-Locus Receptor Kinase in Self-Incompatibility and Pistil Development Revealed by an Arabidopsis rdr6 Mutation. The Plant Cell. 21:2642-2654.
- Nasrallah, M. E., Boggs, N. A., Dwyer, K. G., & Nasrallah, J. B. (2009). In vivo detection of residues required for ligand-selective activation of the S-locus receptor in Arabidopsis. Current Biology. 19:786-791.
- Boggs, N. A., Nasrallah, J. B., & Nasrallah, M. E. (2009). Independent S-locus mutations caused self-fertility in Arabidopsis thaliana. PLoS Genetics. 5:e1000426.
- Boggs, N. A., Dwyer, K. G., Shah, P., McCulloch, A. A., Bechsgaard, J., Schierup, M. H., Nasrallah, M. E., & Nasrallah, J. B. (2009). Expression of Distinct Self-Incompatibility Specificities in Arabidopsis thaliana. Genetics. 182:1313-1321.
- Anne Rea,, & Nasrallah, J. B. (2008). Self-incompatibility systems: barriers to self-fertilization in flowering plants. International Journal of Developmental Biology. 52:627-636.
- Liu, P., Sherman-Broyles, S., Nasrallah, M. E., & Nasrallah, J. B. (2007). A cryptic modifier causing transient self-incompatibility in Arabidopsis thaliana. Current Biology. 17:734-740.
- Nasrallah, J. B., Liu, P., Sherman-Broyles, S., Schmidt, R., & Nasrallah, M. E. (2007). Epigenetics mechanisms for breakdown of self-incompatibility in inter-specific hybrids. Genetics. 175:1965-1973.
- Sherman-Broyles, S., Boggs, N., Farkas, A., Liu, P., Vrebalov, J., Nasrallah, M. E., & Nasrallah, J. B. (2007). S locus genes and the evolution of self-fertility in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell. 19:94-106.
- Naithani, S., Chookajorn, T., Ripoll, D. R., & Nasrallah, J. B. (2007). Structural modules for receptor dimerization in the S-locus receptor kinase extracellular domain. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. 104:12211-12216.